Below you an find all the most popular ways of getting from Nice Airport to the city and Cannes. Need more or want a hussle-free and ready-to-go holidays itinerary?
We’ve covered that here 😉
How to get from Nice Airport to Nice:
- Uber – it will cost you 15-20 EUR by getting to Nice centre by UberX, the trip takes approx. 20 min. Uber Black will raise the price up to 32 EUR, but your driver will wear a suit & tie, and drive a luxury sedan.
Get a discount on your first Uber ride after signing up with the following promo code:
- Nice Airport Express Bus – either bus #98 (if your destination is central Nice or a beach hotel there), or #99 (if you are going to Gare SNCF, main train station). The ticket costs 6 EUR, if you took #98 you get a free transfer by bus #9, 10 or 81 to get to the port; if you took #99 – 74 min transfers on any bus or tram in Nice during 24h
You can buy the tickets in the ticket office or directly from the driver.
One stop before getting off the bus, press the ‘Arret demande‘ button to signal the stop, if you are taking the bus towards the airport – flag it down with your hand, otherwise it will pass without noticing you.
- Local bus – walk to the Promenade des Anglais and catch bus #23 which goes to blvd Gambetta and to the train station. It costs 1,5 EUR
Download Lignes d’Azur app for timetables, a 10 trip ticket for 10 EUR, and travel almost anywhere in the region for 1 EUR/trip!
- Private transfer with Friend in France – it will cost you from 35 EUR (to central Nice)
- Taxi – avoid as much as you can, as much as locals do – taxis charge based on your luggage size, nationality, touristy look. If a trip from the airport costs more than 35 EUR, as for the receipt before paying and you’ll your driver disappearing, being caught on his illegal business.
In case taxi is unavoidable, book one at an official airport taxi rank at terminal 1 or 2 and agree on a rate in advance.
From Nice Airport to Cannes:
- Uber – will cost you 50-70 EUR and you can get a discount with the promo-code below
- Uber-copter – a trip with helicopter from Uber! It costs 160 EUR/p, takes 7 minutes. Order it upon landing for immediate embarquement. Unfortunately, they are that popular, that it’s actually almost impossible to get one. Uber-copter runs from May to end of August.
- Cannes Express Bus #210 – runs every 30 min and costs 16,50 one-way or 26,50 EUR round trip. The trip takes 45 min.
- Bus #200 – costs 1,5 EUR and the trip takes around 90 min. Worth considering if you have enough time, as the bus rides along the coast. Walk to Promenade des Anglais
- Private transfer with Friend in France – it will cost you from 80-100 EUR (to central Cannes)
- Taxi will cost you around 90 EUR and takes approx 50 min